Do you know and trust your car mechanic? Don’t like going to the garage? If not- Here are some great tips on How to manage your visit in the garage?
Most people consider an automobile malfunction as a death sentence to their wallet. Why? Because many people don’t understand car mechanics and don’t feel confident enough that the service they’re getting is the best solution out there. We are here to help you manage your visit in the garage and emphasize some of the most important things to pay attention to:
- References – professional mechanics that take pride in their work will happily give you the names and contact information of satisfied customers.
- Certification – be sure to look for a proper certification, such as ASE- Automotive Service Excellence, that proves the garage is a professional service provider.
- BBB accreditation – another must have certification you need to look for in the garage is the Better Business Bureau certification.
- Warranty – make sure you get a warranty for the new parts installed in your car, and that it is in writing. Make sure the owner signs the document.
- Free estimate – before you go to the garage, make sure the owner provides you with a free estimate regarding the cost of parts and work.
- Authorization – make sure you get only the treatment you authorized in writing, as a part of the service agreement, and nothing more. Also make sure to authorize only the work you need done.
- Budget – naturally, you need to determine the amount of money you are willing to spend before going to the garage.
Nothing to It
There is really nothing to it. You don’t have to be consumed with fear before entering the auto shop. Following the above mentioned tips will make sure you are well taken care of. Remember, an informed decision is a far better choice than just going to the first garage you lay your eyes on.